Saturday, 30 January 2010

Sew for baby, my schooling in Africa

Well, another week has gone by and another layer of snow blankets Ludlow.  This winter we seem to have had more snow than we have had for years.


I managed to finish the newsletter for my website and get that distributed.  This month it was all about things for babies, including the fabric book shown.  It was easiest to use numbers to show the page layout, but I think I'll have to do one a little more interesting than that as well!



I also put in some ideas for clutch toys and a baby sleeping bag.  It's the first time that I have worked with fleece so that was interesting.


Our Quilter's Guild met this week and we had an amazing demonstration of Japanese folded patchwork.

We started with a circle of fabric, a square of fabric and a square of wadding, and ended up with a beautiful patchwork square.

My curved edges left a little to be desired - no, actually they left a lot to be desired - but it's given me some great ideas.

Demonstrations and workshops often remind me of being back in school - which was a very, very long time ago.  I was born and brought up in Zambia and after independence in 1964 there was a mass education programme so the schools had to run shifts:  a long morning session for one lot of children and then a long afternoon session for a different set of children.  I can't imagine how the teachers coped and I can't even remember if the same teacher had to do the morning and the afternoon shift.  I suppose that to a 10 year old girl it didn't matter!

Oh well, back to it - I'm just finishing the instructions for a Valentine heart quilt which I'll try and get posted on the website this weekend.  Along with everything else I have planned for this weekend!

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Rose

PS  I've also begun using the Twitter account that I opened ages ago but was too unsure of myself to use.













Post a Comment