Friday, 10 June 2011

Jelly Roll Quilts

This week I've had a delivery of some gorgeous jelly rolls from Fabric Freedom.  I'm a great fan of jelly rolls because they provide an easy way of using loads of different fabrics without having to buy 1/4 yard of each one.  Also, you know that all the fabrics will go with each other because the jelly rolls are colour co ordinated.


I dived in to my new stock and started making a jelly roll quilt.  This one has quite a lot of black and white fabric so it will probably be quite a large quilt when I've finished.  I'm going to try and finish it and write up the tutorial next week.



A few weeks ago I made a square in square quilt which wasn't actually made from a jelly roll, but it was made entirely from 2.1/2" strips so it could easily be made using a jelly roll.  The point of this quilt was an amazing half square ruler from Creative Grids that I was using for the first time.  It really did make a huge difference to the time taken to make the quilt.  I bought some extra rulers to sell but ended up losing money because I couldn't seem to pack them securely enough:  three of them arrived broken so my profit disappeared after I had replaced them free of charge.  I still love the ruler, but I'm not stocking it any longer!

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Hope to see you again.

Post a Comment