Thursday, 23 June 2011

Sewing Zips

This has been quite a tumultuous week.  From the website I sent out a newsletter showing the method that I use to insert zips in cosmetic bags.  I know it's more work, but I do find that bags and cushions look more professional with a zip closure. 
There's always loads of mail to answer after a newsletter, but I love hearing from quilters all round the world.  There are so many talented people out there ....


Then I sold my Moda jelly roll quilt on Etsy.  I was really pleased with myself until I took the quilt to the post office and found that the postage to America would be £20.  As I had charged $10 for delivery it meant that I made a substantial loss on that one.  Oh well, we live and learn.




I felt that I had been spending too much time on the computer promoting the website and not enough time sewing so I started making a star quilt.  Did you know that it's possible to make star quilt blocks without inset seams?  This quilt has been really easy to make and I'll put the tutorial up when I've finished it.  The extra time taken unpicking because I forgot to make half the blocks as mirror images will be glossed over, of course.


To round my week off nicely, I had an email from Patchwork and Quilting Magazine to say that they are featuring my website in their August magazine which is really exciting.  More details on that later.

Now I'm off to Brighton for the weekend, which will round off a really enjoyable week for me.

Thanks for visiting my blog.  I hope you'll visit me again.

Best Wishes

Rose

Post a Comment