Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Well, Ludlow Festival is in full swing this fortnight.  It's a wonderful time to be in Ludlow with so many visitors:  the town feels really vibrant.
Each year there is a Shakespeare play set in the grounds of Ludlow Castle and this is really impressive as long as the rain holds off.  This year the play is Twelfth Night and there is a huge programme of concerts and talks in other venues around the town.


Earlier in the year I printed a photo of the castle on to fabric and then made it into a cushion cover.  I was quite pleased with the way it turned out but haven't had time to write the tutorial on printing photos on to fabric yet.  If I had had time to make more of them I could have tried selling them now during the festival.  Oh well, there's always next year.




Have you come across biscuit quilts before?  It's amazing how many quilting terms seem to relate to food.  I wonder if this says something about quilters?  Biscuit quilts are also known as puff quilts.  They are made by sewing a large square to a small square, putting in a few pleats to make the edges match up, and then adding some sort of filling to make really puffy shapes which can then be sewn to a backing fabric.  On the left you can see a quilted wall hanging that I made using this method of quilting.  This is one for which I have written the tutorial and you can find it on biscuit quilts.

This morning I received an email from Indonesia offering me a huge variety of batik fabrics.  They are absolutely beautiful colours  and the guy suggested that I call by the factory to have a look at the fabrics. 
Oh, I wish ....

Anyway, I have ordered some samples and may well start to stock them if the samples match up to the photos.  Watch this space!

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Hope to see you again soon.

Post a Comment