Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Work In Progress Wednesdays

WORK IN PROGRESS WEDNESDAY

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedUsually I show you projects when I've more or less finished them - at which stage I have to confess that many of my quilts languish as quilt tops in a pile on the spare bed because I just can't find the time to layer, quilt and bind them.  So I was really interested in the idea of showing work in progress each week and sharing it with others.  Enter WIP Wednesdays on Freshly Pieced's lovely blog.  I'm hooked and will try and keep this up every Wednesday.



My first WIP Wednesday offering is a log cabin that I began at a workshop on Saturday with
Jan Hassard.  I love the way that the design weaves all the colours together and I've realised that I haven't paid nearly enough attention to log cabin quilts in the past.  I think I shall be experimenting with lots more log cabin ideas from now on.


My other major work in progress is a quilt for my next newsletter.  I'm using a quilt block called Table For Four:  I think half the time I love the names that are given to quilt blocks as much as the quilt blocks themselves.  Anyway this one is a priority because I want to have it finished in the next day or two - my delightful log cabin is going to have to wait a little longer for completion!


Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose



Post a Comment