Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Baby Love Quilt

Grab a button:WIP Wednesday again and I seem to have more unfinished projects than ever.  I have tried hard to finish a few projects and have played around with a few quilt blocks just because I liked them.



My daughter and I are heading off for a few days in Prague and it's been a manic week making sure that I'm up to date on everything before we go.  I managed to get the tutorial for this baby love quilt on my website yesterday so now I can fold that up and put it away until such time as I find time to layer, quilt and bind it.  I used the Fabric Freedom Hyde Park fabric which is gorgeous.

  I've also managed to finish another lap quilt which turned out quite well.  I asked my daughter to name it so it's now officially the Truffle quilt, named after our dog.  Fave Quilts have asked me to submit video tutorials to them which is very exciting, so at the moment this tutorial doesn't have a video with it until I've had it approved by them.


I made up the Spinning Arrows quilt block which is another of Nancy Cabot's quilt blocks.  I know this makes me sound thick, but I spent ages looking at it before I could make out the arrows that were spinning!  I think that I'll have to make some more because I suspect that several together will be more impressive than the one on its own is.


I hope this link works properly for you, but Patchwork and Quilting UK are giving you the chance of winning an Accuquilt Go Baby cutter if you like their facebook page and I thought that it was worth sharing with you:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=336536379743251&set=a.196501680413389.53860.190748340988723&type=1

Isn't it amazing what you can do with half square triangles?  This one is called Lightning in the Hills and I haven't had a chance to write up the tutorial yet, but I'm always amazed at how many different ways you can put together half square triangles with a few squares and come up with something completely different each time.


Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment