That's pretty much what happened with this quilt block. I liked the idea of the duck track outer layer but I wanted something different in the middle so I added the pinwheel and I'm quite pleased with how it looks. If I can get some time later this week I think I'll try out this block with something else - maybe the pinwheel part on its own or even plain squares - and see how it looks for a lap quilt.
I managed to finish the top for my charm pack quilt with three part sashing. That went up on the website yesterday. I like using charm packs - even with my embarrassingly large fabric stash I would struggle to find 40 different fabrics that co ordinate so well.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.