Monday, 2 April 2012

New Quilt Blocks

Sometimes I just make a quilt block because I like the look of it and sometimes I can't find a quilt block that does what I want and then I put one together from bits and pieces of other quilt blocks.
That's pretty much what happened with this quilt block.  I liked the idea of the duck track outer layer but I wanted something different in the middle so I added the pinwheel and I'm quite pleased with how it looks.  If I can get some time later this week I think I'll try out this block with something else - maybe the pinwheel part on its own or even plain squares - and see how it looks for a lap quilt.

I managed to finish the top for my charm pack quilt with three part sashing.  That went up on the website yesterday.  I like using charm packs - even with my embarrassingly large fabric stash I would struggle to find 40 different fabrics that co ordinate so well.


I've made some progress with following the quilt along at free motion quilting but I'm not going to link up to Leah's blog because my quilting within a shape is not good enough.  The beauty of a photo is that you don't get to see the detail of all the mistakes!  I think I'll have to do a lot more practising before I let anyone see it close up.


Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment