Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Baby Quilt Patterns


Grab a button:
Work in Progress Wednesday and this week I feel that I have really managed to get stuck in on several projects.

There are so many quilt block patterns out there that I find myself thinking 'ooh that would make a great baby quilt' so often that I could get overwhelmed by how many lovely baby quilts there are waiting to be made. 

I've just begun a baby quilt based on one of Nancy Cabot's quilt block patterns but so far all I've managed are a great pile of half square triangles and the plain squares to go with them.  Very much a work in progress.  The green fabric is Jungle Fun which should make it a baby quilt that can be for a boy or girl.


I made the Burnham Square quilt block recently and I just love it.  Definitely possibilities there for either a lap quilt or a baby quilt when time allows.




The quilt block was made using four 2.7/8" squares in yellow and brown to make half square triangle units for the points of the star in the middle, two 6.7/8" squares in yellow and blue fabric for the corners of the quilt block.  Add in aa 4.1/2" square for the middle of the star, four 2.1/2" squares for the corners of the star and four rectangles in blue/yellow/blue measuring 8.1/2" by 6.1/2" (made by sewing three 2.1/2" strips together) and that's all that's required for each quilt block.


As you can see, it's really simple to put together once you have made the half square triangles and I'm sure that when I put several of them together there's going to be a circular feel to the quilt pattern.  When time allows ....

Yesterday I managed to send out the May newsletter from the website - I don't always have it ready in time for the first of the month, so that was a bonus.  Here's the video for the Crackerjack lap quilt which went with it:


Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose


Post a Comment