Saturday, 30 June 2012

Geometric Illusion Quilt Block

I love the way that you can create optical illusions with colour placement in quilt blocks.  This white cross really stands out and that's why I prefer the name geometric illusion rather than some of the block's other names like night and day, white cross - although that is perfectly accurate.  I've put the instructions for the block on the website.


I've also been playing around with the sunny lanes quilt block.  It's one of those simple blocks that you can do so much with.





With four blocks I thought that the obvious placement would be this one with the small squares making quite a nice design feature.





But you can also get an interesting design by using a different rotation of the quilt blocks....





   ..... and this one has possibilities.  I think that I'm going to have to leave these pinned up for a while till I decide which way to sew them together.





The big event of the week was attending both a talk and a workshop given by the immensely talented Sheena Norquay.  Lots of work on both sewing curves and using twin needles to sew the curves.  I'm definitely hooked on twin needle quilting now.



Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Rose



Post a Comment