Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Quilt Kits

This week I've been working on quilt kits to go up for sale on the website.  This one is a very simple celtic wall hanging aimed at a complete beginner.  The celtic panels are from Fabric Freedom and make a lovely colourful splash.  I'm hoping it will appeal to beginner quilters because it uses the principles of quilting but there's a minimal amount of piecing to do.






The other quilt kit that I'm working on is a rag quilt using a rather gorgeous cat fabric.  It's the first rag quilt that I have made using my accuquilt to cut the squares.  What a wonderfully easy way to make a rag quilt - all the fringes are ready cut so there are no hours spent cutting the seams into fringes after it's all sewn together.  A few more washes and this one should be nicely ragged.





The major work in progress is quilting the Morris quilt.  I've had some wonderful suggestions in from other quilters on a more imaginative name to give the quilt and now I'm trying to get it quilted in time for Friday's newsletter.  I wanted to lighten the cream fabric through the quilting so I have used micro stippling in white thread - well as micro as my stippling can get, anyway!  So far it seems to be working and I'm quite pleased with the way that it's turning out.


Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced as usual - run by Amy this week:

Grab a button:

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Rose

Post a Comment