Sunday, 8 July 2012

Flying Stars Quilt Block

I've just found a great quilt block for scrappy quilts.  It's called the flying stars quilt block and it uses three colours plus white or some neutral background colour.  I can imagine it being made with a different three colours in each block - it doesn't take much fabric and it would be a great way to use up scrap fabric.



Apart from the square in the middle the entire block is made with half square triangles - eight in pink'white, four in brown/white, four in red/white and four in pink/brown.  Putting them all in the right place with the seams facing in the right direction does take some concentration - but is definitely worth it!  I'll write up a full tutorial on the website later this week.


This is one that I have put on the website today.  It's called
Hope of Hartford quilt block and it's another one that I can see being used with different colours as a scrappy quilt.  This one needs a bit more of each fabric than the flying stars above, but would look great in bright colours.


So many quilt blocks to make, so little time .....

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Rose


Post a Comment