Thursday, 12 July 2012

Guam Table Runner

I seem to be making quite a few table runners these days.  I think that they give me a chance to say that I have finished something when so often I feel that I am just adding to my work in progress pile of projects.  This one is made from the guam quilt block and it finishes at 10" by 40".

I made it using one 2.1/2" red square in the middle of the block and lots of half square triangles:  sixteen blue/grey and eight red/grey.  These were made from 2.7/8" squares.  The squares are laid out in five rows of five squares, sewn together across each row and then the rows are sewn together.  I made four of these blocks and had intended to add red sashing between each block.  When I placed the blocks in line I decided that I liked the way the red from one square joins with the red from the next square so I just sewed them together without sashing.

After that it was just a case of layering, quilting and binding as for a quilt.  Some of the pieces have a bit of a three dimensional look similar to tumbling blocks so I thought that this would look good on a table.




My main work in progress is a donkey wall hanging, but so far I only have photos of his ears:  quite a way to go on this one, then!


My really big news for this week is that my daughter graduated yesterday and I had a wonderful day in Nottingham with her for the ceremony.  The rain held off even though all the grass was very water logged.  Does this count as a completed project?





Linking up with freshly pieced - only just in time to catch this week's linkup.
Grab a button:


Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment