Sunday, 19 August 2012

Cheyenne Quilt Block

The biggest news of the week has to be my visit to the Festival of Quilts.  This year is it's 10th anniversary and it really has grown into a magnificent show.  Over 1.300 quilts on display, more than 200 traders catering for every quilter's needs, making it an exhausting, expensive but thoroughly enjoyable day out.  What I love is the variety of categories of quilts, meaning that there is something for everyone to enjoy.


I've added the cheyenne quilt block to the quilt block patterns page.  it's one of those blocks that is as pretty as its name suggests.  It's made using eight squares and eight half square triangles and takes no time at all.  Probably a good one to use in a scrappy quilt.



Quilt as you go is such a good way of making a quilt if you want to quilt on your domestic sewing machine.  I've made a quilt showing how to make the rows of quilt blocks in the usual way but then add the rows together using quilt as you go.  I'm quite pleased with the way it has turned out - and it was certainly easy to quilt.


Sometimes I look at quilt blocks and immediately think that they are going to make lovely secondary patterns when they are sewn together but I got it wrong with this Hither and Yon quilt block.  It's a lovely block but I could only put several together in one way.  When I started rotating blocks I just got a mess- oh well, it's still a pretty block.


Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Rose




Post a Comment