Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Tile Puzzle Lap Quilt

The tile puzzle quilt block came together nicely to make a small lap quilt.  It really does make me think of a tile pattern.  There's plenty of white fabric in it to give a fresh summery feel as well.  I made a 40" lap quilt and it only took one yard of brown, just over quarter of a yard of yellow and three quarters of a yard of white fabric.  This photo doesn't show the border, but I just put a simple 2.1/2" brown strip on to frame it.

This is the layout for each block and you can find full instructions on lap quilt pattern.  Not quite a scrappy quilt, but it doesn't use too much fabric.  As ever, I still have to layer, bind and quilt it.




I don't think that I ever showed you the Crowning Glory quilt block.  I made it before the Olympics began and tried to use the gold, silver and bronze colours of the medals.  Now that the Olympics are in full swing with medal ceremonies every day it seems quite appropriate.  I have never watched as much of the Olympics as I have this time and I've found them absolutely riveting.  What a lot of talented athletes there are.

I missed the linkup last week, but this week I'm in time to link up with freshly pieced again:

Grab a button:

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Rose

Post a Comment