Monday, 7 January 2013

Aurifil BOM 2013

JUMPING JACK FLASH QUILT BLOCK



I've never felt able to commit to block of the month quilt alongs before, but I've decided that 2013 is going to be the year that I get a grip on managing my time, so I'm starting in January as I mean to continue.  The first BOM that I have joined is the Aurifil one which is being run by Pat Sloan and you can see my version of the first block in the photo.  I'm not sure about the two central colours - not enough difference between them - but I've submitted the photo now so I'll have to live with it.

If you are interested in trying it out you get full instructions for each block from whoever the designer is for each month and then post your photo on the flickr group.  That's on Aurifil Designers.

If you know of any other block of the month quiltalongs, do let me know.  I feel all fired up for them now.

 I'm not sure if I should admit to this, but for my first go at the quilt block I managed to sew the four patch units for the corners on the wrong way round so that the light square is in the corner rather than the green square.  Amazing how different it makes the block look.



Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes
Rose



Post a Comment