Saturday, 12 January 2013

Paper Pieced Star Quilt Block

FOUNDATION PAPER PIECED STAR QUILT BLOCK



I made the Aunt Sukey quilt pattern using fabric from stash and was thrilled with how little fabric there was left over at the end.  The pattern for that went out in a newsletter yesterday, so today I am playing with my block of the month patterns.



I have signed up for a foundation paper pieced lucky star block of the month with Elizabeth Dackson.  I've used calico as a foundation in the past, so this will be my first time using paper for the foundation.  The instructions are great and Elizabeth included a practice star to try out first.  I looked at the pattern and decided that only four fabrics to each triangle were not going to be difficult so I'd make the star before lunch.  Let's just say that I had a very late lunch!  It's a really pretty star so I'm looking forward to starting on the official January star block.


The other bom that I'm doing is the one from Craftsy.  The January block consists of four of these log cabins.  I was able to use scrap fabric for them, so that pleased me.  I've bought a box file to keep these blocks in, because otherwise I know that come December I wouldn't have a clue where to find the January and February blocks.



Thanks for visiting my blog.
I hope to see you again soon.
Best Wishes
Rose






Post a Comment