Wednesday, 6 March 2013

My New Website

Ooh I have missed writing on my blog, but I've been away for a very good reason - for the past six weeks I have buried myself in re writing my website.  I had to re write every page so that I could transfer across to a wordpress site.  We finally made the transfer late Monday and promptly lost half the pages because I hadn't clicked all the right buttons.  Anyway I think that it's more or less all there now and I can get back to what I want to do - making quilts.  Do take a look and tell me what you think - I'm hoping that it will be simpler to find your way around and each page should be quicker to load.  It's on this link:  http://www.ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/.   The photo shows the nine patch pinwheel quilt pattern that went on to the website last week.


I've added quite a few quilt block patterns to the new website, which I hope you'll find helpful.  This one is called the old fashioned quilt block.  It's lovely and bright and cheerful and not difficult to make.  If you look there's a nine patch in each corner and they are joined by white sashing with a blue square in the centre making up a different nine patch in the middle.  I seem to be able to get less photos on the new webpages, so the quilt block page is way too long.  Any ideas on how I could best split them?  I don't know whether to split them alphabetically or have categories like stars and flowers.  I'd appreciate any ideas on what you think would be a logical way of dividing the quilt blocks into pages.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Best Wishes
Rose
http://www.ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk



Post a Comment