Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Off to a workshop this morning.  I am so glad that I made this cutting mat bag.  It makes it so much more easy to pack everything up.  There always seem to be so many things to remember to take to workshops - and I often end up forgetting something vital like my seam ripper, which obviously should be the first thing I pack!  Today's workshop is on using overlocker machines and I'm really looking forward to some insight on this.  I've never used an overlocker before.

My star border is still a work in progress.  I have begun making the blocks but it is a very slow process.  To think that I could have just settled for a strip of fabric round the edges of the quilt top to frame it.  Now that I have the block itself the next question presents itself - do I just sew the stars side by side all facing the same way or do I rotate them?

Linking up with Freshly Pieced as it's Wednesday.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Must dash or I'll be late for my workshop.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment