Sunday, 5 May 2013

QUILTING SPRING FEVER

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I have definitely been taken over by quilting spring fever.  I was trying to organise my fabric stash a bit better and I came across all these quilt blocks.  I have a vague memory of starting a jelly roll quilt design, but I must have been distracted by something mega at the time.  I think it was a couple of years ago.  I've also found some strips that must have been from the same jelly roll so that will help me decide how I am going to put it all together.  I had a quick look for the name of the quilt block but I couldn't find it anywhere terribly obvious so I shall just have to make up my own name for it.


One of the reasons for my spring fever sort out was to try and organise my unfinished quilts.  I have some that really don't need much doing to them, so it makes sense to finish them off first.  This one is an appropriately summery quilt.  I had left the prairie points unsecured because I had a vision of children wanting to play with the triangles sticking out, but now it just looks a mess with the triangles pointing in all different directions.  At least it won't take long just to secure the points of the triangles to tidy the quilt up a bit.


In amongst all of this sorting out I have also begun a quilt which I want to enter in a quilt show later this year.  So far I have only piles of squares and half square triangles to show - very much a work in progress.








I am going to join in the SewMamaSew giveaway this year.  It's a great idea and promises to be great fun for everyone.  I have more or less decided what I will be giving away and I'll be able to tell you all about it tomorrow - how to enter and what the giveaway is.  Watch this space!

I have come to know Marelize Ries at Stitch by Stitch through google plus and I have been meaning to link up with her blog for weeks now.  This is the first time that I have been organised enough to do so.  You'll find lots of other blogs linking up for you to browse through.



Stitch by Stitch
Post a Comment