Sunday, 5 May 2013

Square In Square Quilt Finished

I had to start by telling you that I have managed to finish a quilt that I started some time ago.  One down and many, many more still to go!  I used meander quilting on the background white fabric and left the coloured boxes unquilted.

I have managed to finish the May block for Aurifil block of the month - a lot more quickly than I managed for the previous months.  The instructions were to use a partial seam but I couldn't see the need for that so I just made it as a straightforward block, sewing the patchwork pieces together across each row and then sewing the rows together.
I made a start on the May Lucky Stars quilt block but I mixed up the fabrics so I'll have to start again on that one!




I have begun to sort out the quilt block pattern section on the website - there were too many patterns on one page so I am trying to sort them into categories to make it more easy to find a particular pattern - well, that's the theory anyway!  So far I have taken out the star quilt blocks and put them on a separate page.  While I was at it I wrote up the pattern for the Dublin Steps quilt block.  Now that's a really pretty quilt block, I think.



Thanks for visiting my blog. 
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment