Wednesday, 8 May 2013

STAR QUILT BORDER

I seem to have so many projects on the go that it's difficult to know what to tell you about, but I think the one that I am most excited about is the star border that I am trying to design.  I wanted something simple but striking and I think that this interwoven star is going to fit the bill.  I haven't got the range of colours right in this one, but I'm definitely going to stick with the design.

For my fabric giveaway I asked for ideas that people would like to see tutorials on and paper piecing was one of the suggestions.  I think that I'll try and come up with a two fabric design as a beginner project before going on to anything more complex.  Don't forget that you've still got a couple of days to comment on the fabric giveaway.



This Friday's project is based on a section of tiled floor that I saw and loved in Hereford Cathedral and these are the fabrics that I'll be using.  As you can see, I haven't got very far with making the quilt yet!








This week I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced again - it's ages since I did that, so do take a look at all of the lovely blogs that link up there on Wednesdays.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment