Monday, 10 June 2013

AURIFIL BOM JUNE 2013

The Aurifil bom for June is a pretty quilt block that's quite straightforward to put together.  It's called Magic Star so I thought that it was appropriate to fussy cut a Celtic symbol for the central square.  I'm pleased with the way that it has turned out. 

I finished another quilt block yesterday that worked out quite well.  This was another one for which I had been sent a photo of a quilt and asked to identify the block.  In fact the wraparound block is made with diamonds, but I simplified it by using squares and it still makes a striking block.  The rows are sewn together along the diagonal rather than horizontally.





I'm working on a window dog quilt to go with my window cat quilt, but haven't got the dog recognisable enough yet to be able to show you a photo.  I quite like the idea of having a matching pair, even though I have sold the cat quilt - I'll have to make another as soon as I finish the dog!

Linking up with Marelize:
Stitch by Stitch

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment