Sunday, 16 June 2013

MORE QUILTS FINISHED

Do I feel smug, or what!  We've had another foul weekend weather wise and I now have one quilt finished, one half quilted and one layered and waiting for quilting.  The part quilted Bethlehem Star shown above is one I've been wanting to get stuck in on for a long time, so I'm really pleased to have begun that.  So far I have quilted the central star with lines, the white around it with micro stippling (well, as micro as I am capable of doing), and a series of lines encircling the central area.  I'm still thinking about what to do with the rest of it, but at least all the quilting is now going to be nearer the edges.

The finished quilt is just a small one that I made some time ago using the Burgoyne Surrounded quilt block.  All I have done there is meander quilting on all the lilac fabric so it wasn't really much work, but it is bound and completely finished.

The layered quilt is one that I called the Truffle pinwheel, named by my daughter after our dog.  I'm planning radiating lines from the middle to the edges.  Once they are done I can decide whether I need any more quilting between the lines.  All in all quite a productive weekend and now I feel that I can settle down to watch Andy Murray playing tennis without a tinge of guilt.

This week's project on the website was a medallion quilt which turned out quite well.  I was using it to showcase the ocean waves fabric, but of course it could be used to showcase any pretty fabrics.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Do leave a comment - I love hearing from you.
Hope to see you again soon.
Rose
Post a Comment