Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Aurifil July Block of the Month

I've reached the end of the month without finishing any of the blocks of the month that I am subscribing to, so today I thought that I would at least try and finish the Aurifil July block.  Now I just have the corner triangles to add and I feel that I should have used more different fabrics.  It was an interesting block to make - the instructions said to hand sew the whole block.

I thought that I would machine sew just the central star and hand sew the rest because of all the inset seams, but in fact I ended up machine sewing the lot because it was just so much quicker.  I'm not sure that I would want to make a lot of this block, but it was useful seeing how it came together.  The diamonds outside the white squares are exactly the same ones as those making up the central square.

With all the talk on the web about Christmas in July, I've realised that it's time I thought up some new projects to go on the Christmas gift section of the website, so I've made a start with a fabric baby book.  Now to think up some things for the adults!

The next couple of weeks are going to be quite hectic - there are a couple of quilt shows coming up that I want to get to so I'm really hoping the weather holds up for them.  I hope I'll be able to bring you some photos of them.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Thanks for visiting my blog.

Hope to see you again soon.

Rose





Post a Comment